Thursday, February 28, 2008

agile != Agile

I just finished my SCRUM Certification course with Mike Cohn ( I liked it and I recommend it) and while I like the SCRUM I really do not like one of the terms used in SCRUM: "potentially shippable" software.
Here is snipped from Mike's courseDo not you think that even slide looks odd?
C'mon guys - sort out the language - all the marketing and sales folks I know would ignore the word 'potentially' and hear what they want to hear - "shippable", and then will use that to justify scrapping all the important architectural items from the plans and sprints because those items are not 'shippable' and visible to the users.

1 comment:

Kaleb said...

I agree! I took mine and it helps me a lot in terms of job opportunities. It boosts my career and self-esteem and lastly this changed my life for the better.